An implant denture is a removable denture that is supported by dental implants. Unlike traditional removable dentures, implant-supported dentures are securely anchored by dental implants and don’t require messy adhesives to stay in place. Instead, they rely on implants that are placed directly into your jaw, where they fuse with the bone to provide a permanent anchor for your replacement teeth.
Advantages of Implant-Supported Dentures
Implant dentures are a reliable and secure solution for missing teeth and offer numerous advantages compared to traditional dentures or other restorative solutions. The most significant advantages of implant-supported dentures include:
- Since implant dentures are more secure than traditional dentures, you won’t have to worry about uncomfortable slippage or embarrassing mishaps.
- Implant dentures stimulate the jaw bone and can improve the overall health of your mouth. They also help prevent bone loss that can be caused by missing teeth.
- With implant dentures, you’ll be able to enjoy all your favorite foods with confidence as they make it easier to eat properly.
- Implant dentures allow you to speak normally and smile just like before.
- Finally, our custom-made implant dentures can give you a beautiful new smile! They’ll look and feel just like natural teeth, blending in seamlessly with your features.
How Long Do Implant Dentures Last?
Dental implants are a permanent solution for missing teeth, and when paired with implant-retained dentures, patients can enjoy improved oral health and a lasting smile for years to come. This is because dental implants do not rely on other teeth for support like traditional dental bridges or removable partial dentures do. When properly placed by an experienced dentist, implants can last a lifetime with proper care. In fact, many patients who have received dental implant-supported dentures say that they feel more secure with these restorations than with their natural teeth!
However, just as with traditional dentures, patients must commit to a regular routine of cleaning their prosthetic teeth and gums to prevent bacteria from building up and infections from developing in the gums. Implementing a good oral hygiene regimen that includes daily brushing, flossing, and regular professional care can help your denture last for decades. Additionally, eating foods that are nutritious and limiting sticky foods is also essential to maintaining the health and integrity of your teeth.
To find out more about the dental services offered at our dental practice, call (703) 444-9244 or schedule a consultation online. You can also visit us at 46161 Westlake Dr., #110, Sterling, VA 20165.