One of the major oral health risks for children at an early age remains cavities. Cavities remain a because it is so easy for them to occur in infant teeth that aren’t fully grown in yet. Children also have a habit of being exposed to higher levels of sugar, which is a known cause of cavities. Fortunately, sealants can be applied that will drastically reduce a child’s risk for cavities.
The excitement of a better smile awaits with dental sealants. The key to understanding dental sealants includes the following:
– Dental sealants are safe for children, and it is recommended to consider getting them attached to a child’s molars when they begin to grow in around the age of 6.
– Dental sealants can link directly to affected areas of your smile to improve your oral health without concealing any teeth.
– Commonly, dental sealants can last over a decade and lower the risk for tooth decay by as much as 80%.
– Children that do not have sealants are over 3 times more likely to suffer from cavities.
– Dental sealants can be manufactured to be clear in order to keep your wonderful smile looking as visually impressive as ever.
With dental sealants, your smile will not only look better, but it can be better protected too. If you would like to meet with Dr. Rick Jackomis and our team at Rick Jackomis, DDS for an examination, please call 703-444-9244 to schedule an appointment at our dentist office in Sterling, Virginia. We will get you the smile you’ve always wanted!